Monday, September 17, 2012

No Sift This Week


As much as I would love to capitalize on all the new readers who found the blog last week*, it’s not going to happen.

I’ve spent most of this week hovering over the hospital bed of my 90-year-old father, trying to figure out whether or not this is his final health crisis.

The whole point of the Sift is that I scour the internet looking for the stories you ought to be reading, I check the facts and the framing of the stories the mainstream media is covering, and  I try to provide the kind of perspective and background that intelligent readers are looking for.

There’s no way any of that was going to happen this week. I could probably go through my files of half-written articles and throw some stuff together, but that would be no service to my regular readers and give new readers a poor introduction to what I’m trying to do here.

Maybe next week.

* Last week was the second-most-popular week in weeklysift.com history, with 38,000 views. Most of them were for The Distress of the Privileged.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

We'll just have to send kind thoughts instead then, to you and your father.