I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it.
In this week's sift:
- Five Take-Aways from the Komen Fiasco. This last week has been a minefield of rumor and misdirection. I try to sort it out and see what there is to learn.
- Scary Guys Named Saul and other short notes. Why Gingrich doesn't care who the real Saul Alinsky was. Mitt's gaffes are bad, just not as bad as they sound. Fox can't win against the Muppets. Should unresponsive adolescents be euthanized? And the Republican presidential candidates take a 3-hour cruise.
- Last week's most popular post.Where the Jobs Are and Why had had 190 views.
- Book recommendation of the week: Flunking Sainthood by Jana Reiss. Reiss tries to master one new spiritual discipline a month for a year -- and fails completely. But the result is a fascinating meditation on everyday life and what we want out of spirituality.
- This week's challenge. Go over to the web site of Planned Parenthood, which does a lot of work no one else is doing. Whether you feel like doing anything after you get there is up to you.