It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.
-- attributed to just about everybody
In this week's sift:
- Your 2012 Deep Background Briefing. Forget the day-to-day of who's up and who's down. What's this campaign going to be about?
- Evangelicals and the New Newt. Mainstream pundits are puzzled by how the religious right can rally to a morally challenged Newt Gingrich. It's really not that mysterious.
- Perry and Parody. Rick Perry's "Strong" is the most disliked and most parodied political ad ever.
- Hallelujah and other short notes. Now that corporations are people, they have reason to sing the Hallelujah Chorus. Not even rats are so ratty that they don't have empathy. What "freedom" means to MasterCard. Jon Stewart declares war on Christmas. The Santa Venn diagram. And more on news deserts.
- Last week's most popular post. Liberal Media, Conservative Manipulation was the most popular post for the second week in a row.
Have an unchallenging week, everybody.